Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Act 1: A thief- A lesson (Process)





I've been wanting to show a brief process of how my works come together. My paintings are built in layers using a modified 'wash' technique on the portraits that is similar to the technique used by the masters, but as previously stated is slightly modified for use with acrylic paint. The purpose of the wash is to reduce the appearance of the brushstroke and/or a way to add a desired color to the area being washed. Im working on an entire stage by stage process write up for the piece I am currently working on and will post when finished, but this is a brief example of just a few of the stages the paintings go through. 

2 comments:

ash said...

FUCKING EPIC BRUV!!!! FUCKING EPIC

Julie R said...

I'm excited to see the technique. I've never heard of it before and am super curious.